Senior Engineering Manager (m/w/d)
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnTech, Product & Data
At Shop Apotheke we are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves more than 7.4M customers across Europe, and we welcome new users every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to come and build with us!
- You lead the team in pragmatic decisions that ensure long-lasting success; enforce coding guidelines and prevent over-engineered solutions.
- You establish personal growth plans for each Engineer, define measures in reaching them and control the success in achieving them. You help strengthen their skills and provide feedback to your team members in a regular and timely way.
- You ensure knowledge transfer: you contribute to know engineers transfer knowledge internally and establish the implementation of common standards.
- You work closely with other Engineering Managers and your counterparts in Product or Quality Assurance, to ensure the Tech & Product organization is heading in one direction.
- You will have personal learning and coding time, so you stay on top of current technologies and frameworks.
- You participate in hiring and onboarding new team members.
- You have experience in providing technical leadership and team leadership.
- You are a people person. Through active listening and regular one-on-ones with your team members, you understand their tech problems and mentor them.
- You have experience in establishing coding guidelines and a common level of solution quality in an engineering organization, to assure both good time-to-market and high quality.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and a collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart; frontend community tasks; or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all over the counter and beauty & wellness products in our online store.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international e-commerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading e-pharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!