Quality Assurance Engineer (m/w/d) in Berlin or Köln or Remote (Germany)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTech, Product & Data
Shop Apotheke is the online pharmacy for Europe. We are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves 7M+ customers across Europe, and we welcome more new users almost every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Berlin. Come, build with us!
- Drive the topic of Quality: you know that Quality Assurance is at large about understanding, flagging and mitigating risk, and you foster this mindset in the team. You work closely with developers, and you regularly align with them on when and how features go to production.
- Consult and advise: you partner with the Product Owner. You challenge their requirements and solutions proposals. You showcase risk upfront and advise the Product Owner on strategies to overcome it.
- Do knowledge sharing: you are part of the Quality Assurance chapter. You talk through day-to-day challenges and wins. You exchange ideas and experience about tools and approaches. You establish common standards.
- Experience: you have 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance. You have worked in a cross-functional team in an Agile setup before.
- Customer focus: when you analyze risks and provide critical feedback about feature design, you have the customer perspective in mind.
- Team orientation and impact: you like to speak your mind; you know the importance of Quality Assurance in the team, and you talk about it. You also act on it! You want to be involved in the development process from its earliest stages. You are OK to fail, and you learn from it.
We offer the possibility to work from home on a voluntary basis: our offices remain open, but you chose if you work from home or from the office. If you do home-office this means you can work from anywhere within Germany.
We have "anchor days" (team get-togethers) on which every team member is required to come to the office that they are assigned to, either Berlin or Cologne. We estimate one or two team get-togethers per month will be held in the future. Currently, due to the pandemic situations, teams do not have in-person anchor days.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and a collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team, and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart, SRE chapter or community tasks, or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all over the counter and beauty & wellness products in our online store.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international e-commerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading e-pharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!