Lead QA Engineer (m/f/d)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTech, Product & Data
At Shop Apotheke we are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves 7.9M+ customers across Europe, and we welcome new users every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to join our team at our Berlin location (with remote possibilities). Come, build with us!
- Mentoring QA Engineers: you establish personal growth plans with each QA Engineer in your team, define actions to reach personal goals and track the success in achieving them. You provide feedback to your team members in a regular and timely way.
- Leading the team: you will guide your directs to make pragmatic decisions that ensure long-lasting success, deliver sustainable QA results and drive product quality.
- Working closely with Lead Product Owners and Lead Software Engineers: you contribute to the overall QA strategy on a high level, establish a ground for risk assessment with your counterparts in Engineering and Product.
- Ensuring knowledge transfer: you will organize internal trainings to constantly improve the QA chapter’s work and results and establish the implementation of common standards.
- Building up the team: you are involved in the hiring process of future members of the QA chapter and staffing decisions regarding internal team distribution.
- People development: you have experience in providing team leadership. You are a people person. Through active listening and regular one-on-ones with your team members, you understand their professional challenges and mentor them.
- Experience: you have 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance. You have worked in a cross-functional team in an Agile setup before and know the daily challenges and how to handle them.
- Tech stack: you have solid experience with test automation (Selenium, Postman or PAW, JMeter, CircleCI or Jenkins, and GIT) and you understand its benefits and limitations.
- Decision-making: you are opinionated as well as open to new ideas. You can evaluate situations and create pragmatic yet sustainable solutions.
We offer the possibility to work from home on a voluntary basis: our offices remain open, but you chose if you work from home or from the office. If you do home-office this means you can work from anywhere within Germany. We have "anchor days" (team get-togethers) on which every team member is required to come to the office that they are assigned to, either Berlin or Cologne. We estimate one or two team get-togethers per month will be held in the future. Currently, due to the pandemic situations, teams do not have in-person anchor days.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and a collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team, and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart, QA chapter or community tasks, or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 28 vacation days per year.
- 10% employee discount on all over the counter and beauty & wellness products in our online store.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international e-commerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading e-pharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!