Design Systems Lead (m/w/d) in Berlin, Köln or Remote (Germany)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTech, Product & Data
At Shop Apotheke we are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves close to 8M customers across Europe, and we welcome new users every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a (Lead) Design Systems Architect to come and build with us!
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Take ownership of the design system and its further development
- On your own initiative, you identify the needs of designers and developers for the design system in order to work out solutions together.
- Driving new optimisation possibilities: Research, test, integrate and document new libraries, features and interfaces in the design system
- Leading the DesignOps community (guild)
- Supporting the sensory UI design and defining the behaviour of UI elements
- Integrating our corporate identity and corporate design in the UI design and continuous consultation with the brand director
- Supporting UI design optimisation based on results from user research, user tests, benchmarking, or on-site analysis
- Supporting your colleagues in the team and in the organisation with design decisions
- Facilitating design critique sessions and promoting our feedback culture
- Reviewing new elements and patterns (quality control) and supporting the integration process
- Several years of experience with complex design systems
- Routine in Figma
- High level of self-organisation (you like to take the initiative to realise your ideas and track progress)
- Ability to balance brand, usability, accessibility and conversion goals
- Strong feedback and communication skills
- Knowledge of usability standards
- Experience in user-centred design processes
- Fluent in English
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart; frontend community tasks; or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 10% employee discount on all over the counter and beauty & wellness products in our online store.
The UX team
Our UX Team is mostly located near Cologne or Berlin, but remotely we work together closely across all locations. Having fun at work and personal exchange are very important to us, we repeatedly try out new formats and are looking forward to your ideas! The optimisation of our UX focusses not only on the user side, but also on the processes with and between all our internal departments. We are currently around 15 UX experts, including UX researcher, UX writers and many designers that are looking forward to a neat design system in Figma. We are constantly growing our UX maturity.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international e-commerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading e-pharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!