Data Engineer (m/w/d)
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnTech, Product & Data
Shop Apotheke is the online pharmacy for Europe. We are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves close to 7M customers across Europe, and we welcome more new users almost every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence & Data Analytics team. Come, build with us!
- Build, optimize and improve the data pipelines at Shop Apotheke. Your work will support different initiatives around performance, scalability and reliability. The systems you create and deploy will provide data analysts with relevant data to develop models also used for predictive analytics and machine learning models.
- Grab data from a variety of sources: structured or unstructured, be it large databases, websites, JSON or CSV files you will convert them into data pipelines and persist the data in a chosen destination. You will work with Big Data using technologies like Google Big Query, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks or Hadoop
- Impact the decision-making process across the entire company. Together with Data Analysts and Business Analysts, you shape the way Shop Apotheke uses data. As a team, you make sure the company can utilize our large-scale data; make it accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so the key stakeholders across the organization can make the best data-driven decisions.
Our Data and BI related tech stack includes: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure; MS SQL, Big Query, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks and Apache Spark, Data Studio, Power BI; Python, SQL, and PowerShell
- You have a few years of professional experience in the field.
- You have worked with Big Data before and you want to grow further in that direction.
- You have experience in collaborating closely with Data Analysts, Business Analysts or Data Scientists and you understand the importance of team communication.
- You like to take initiative and take ownership of your work.
- You have hands-on experience with the following tech-stack: GCP or Azure, Python, MS SQL, Data Bricks (Apache Spark).
- It is a nice-to-have if you know Data Studio or Power BI. It is a plus if you have a GCP “Professional Data Engineer” or Azure “Data Engineering” Certificate.
- Flexibility: Whether you need to cater for your family needs or you are simply looking for more flexibility ieveryday life, we support you with flexible working hours.
- Job-Ticket: With the job ticket, you can get to work completely relaxed. We are financing this 100% for the
- Retirement: In order to prepare you for your future, we have various retirement options that are tailored to your current life situation.Training & Development: In addition to German and English courses, there are further internal and external training courses available.
- Sports Offers: To further boost your health, we offer you a membership at Urban Sports Club.
- Onboarding: We make sure that you feel comfortable with us from day one.
- Team- & Company Events: One team, one goal. Individual team events and regular company events are high on our list.
- Employee Discount: We offer you discounts in our online shop.
- Kindergarten Subsidy: As an additional incentive for parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international ecommerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further
locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading epharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!