Senior Product Owner, Transactions (m/f/d)
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnTech, Product & Data
At Shop Apotheke we are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves 7.9M+ customers across Europe, and we welcome new users every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Product Owner in the Transactions/Paymnets area to join our team. Come, build with us!
- Own the solutions your cross-functional team is developing. You will be a PO in a cross-functional team that serves the Transactions area at Shop Apotheke. This area is all about the checkout, payment and shipping complexity of our Product. You will align interests in your area; build Feature Roadmaps and you will be heavily involved in the release planning.
- Drive a user centric approach in your cross functional development team. On a day-to-day basis you will work with software engineers, a Scrum Master, a QA Engineer and UX designers to reach one common goal. You will spread the product vision into the team and create a common understanding of the product. You enable the team to solve problems in a transparent way.
- Implement a Use Case driven approach: the end goal of our entire Product team is to drive and support in delivering measurable value to our customers. You will define the Use Case vision, strategy and goals. You will be responsible for the concepts within the Use Cases. At the end, it is you who defines how the product should look like! You work closely with the other POs to ensure a consistent product experience for the customer.
- Partner with the business owners, marketing and any other relevant stakeholders to define the business requirements for the engineering team. Work hand-in-hand with the other Product Owners in your area; partner and seek support from the Lead Product Owner in your area; contribute to the Product Owners chapter through knowledge sharing and exchanging best practices.
Your experience and skills:
- Product Ownership and/or Product Management in a cross-functional team is something you have been doing professionally for at least a couple of years. You have developed strategies and tools for setting up backlog prioritization, backlog decomposition and refinement, release planning and management.
- You have worked with Transactions and Payments related topics before.
- You are proactive, entrepreneurial, creative and you like to develop a vision for the part of the product you own. You know that a well-written Product Backlog does not guarantee a product's success.
- Product Discovery is something you have ideally done before. You have the know-how on discovering innovative product solutions that deliver the necessary value, are usable by the target audience and can be delivered with the available resources in the required timeframe.
- Software development concepts are not unfamiliar to you and you have a general understanding of the technical landscape in an e-commerce type of environment.
- Communication is your strength: you get energized by exchanging ideas with other people; you initiate conversations with your stakeholders and you want to contribute to our Product Owners community.
Our offices remain open, but you are free to work from home, from any location in Germany. Due to the pandemic situation, we do not have in-person team meetings. It is entirely up to you if you want to pop into the office every now and again, or if you work from home all the time.
We have anchor days on which every team member is asked to come to the office. Anchor days do not take place currently, due to the pandemic. In the future, we foresee one or two team meetings per month. This means that at some point in the future you will be asked to come to one of our offices (Cologne or Berlin) in person once or twice a month.
What we offer:
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and a collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team, and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart, Product Owners community tasks, or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all over-the-counter and wellness/beauty products in our online store.