Frontend Engineer, React (m/w/d) in Berlin or Remote (Germany)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTech, Product & Data
At Shop Apotheke we are all about health! Our e-pharmacy serves close to 8M customers across Europe, and we welcome new users every week. We are growing the existing platform and adding entirely new services to it. Our goal is to enable our customers to live their healthiest lives possible.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our team at our Berlin location (with remote possibilities)! Come, build with us!
Our tech stack
TypeScript, ES6, React.js, Next.js Redux.js, Node.js, ESI, Varnish, Docker, Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- You understand that seniority is not the number of years of experience but the ability to make a genuine impact, to be proactive and to take ownership.
- You are experienced in building Single Page Applications.
- You have worked with React and Redux in production before.
- You are open to working 80% on the frontend and 20% on the backend.
- You can dockerize applications for local development, production deployments and know how to set up a CI/CD pipeline.
- You like to test your code before the QA engineers do it and you are experienced with unit and integration testing.
- You enjoy designing and building new features from scratch.
- You feel responsible for your code and actively check production logs/alerts to make sure it runs well as expected.
- You will play an active role in our developer community, participating in tech decisions and influencing the tech vision of your peers.
- You will create server-side rendered apps with React and Redux.
- You will follow the Atomic Design principles. Our component library was developed with our in-house UX designers and you will participate in continuously enhancing it.
- You will work on new features that are designed with high-performance and scalability in mind.
- You will work in a small, cross-functional team with other frontend and backend engineers, QA engineers, a Product Owner as well as an Agile Coach.
- You will work with colleagues that love collaborating and achieving successes together. Our company embraces an open feedback culture, allowing for open communication within our teams.
- You will design, code and deploy features that are used by millions of people across Europe. Our current active customer base is 7.9M customers.
Our offices remain open, but you are free to work from home, from any location in Germany. Due to the pandemic situation, we do not have in-person team meetings. It is entirely up to you if you want to pop into the office every now and again, or if you work from home all the time.
We have anchor days on which every team member is asked to come to the office. Anchor days do not take place currently, due to the pandemic. In the future, we foresee one or two team meetings per month. This means that at some point in the future you will be asked to come to one of our offices (Cologne or Berlin) in person once or twice a month.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and a collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team, and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart, Frontend Community, or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all over the counter and beauty & wellness products in our online store.
SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is an international e-commerce company with headquarters in the Netherlands, offices in Cologne & Berlin and further locations in Europe. As one of Europe's leading e-pharmacies with web shops in seven countries, we ensure that millions of people can rely on us for their health every day. We are growing extremely dynamically and are looking for more team players who want to continue this exciting development and the successful growth of the past years together with us!